As August arrives, the heat of summer in Texas feels as if it’s just getting started.
So we feel August is prime time for holding the ultimate in summer parties.
And Tex Mex cuisine will only add to the fun.
Here are some ideas for the foods to serve at your ultimate summer party.
- You’re going to want to have some “cold” options for your guests, so don’t forget the margaritas. Try pink margaritas, which include tequila as well as lime juice, powdered sugar, orange liqueur, and cranberry juice.
- Create shrimp cocktail with some zing by adding canned chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- Your party menu heats up – just a bit – when you offer chicken enchiladas served with baby spinach, chopped cilantro and shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Let your guests feast on butternut squash salad that includes cannellini beans, kernels of fresh corn, red onion, and chopped basil.
- Spice up a tasty fruit dish of mango, plums and peaches with jalapeno pepper!
As for decorations:
- If you don’t have margarita glasses and don’t want to buy real glass, many stores have plastic glasses for purchase.
- Find red, yellow and green tablecloths. If you can’t find that color combo in one tablecloth, use individual yellow, red and green colored cloths over tables and buffets.
- Small serapes or small Mexican throw rugs also can be placed on tables for a colorful Tex Mex appeal.
- Get some tissue paper of different vibrant colors and make paper flowers (here are instructions) and place them around your home and patio.
- Don’t forget small straw sombreros. You can find them in almost any party or crafts store.
Parties are to be enjoyed by everyone, even the hosts. So if you’d rather not cook, contact Mattito’s catering division to help you choose the Tex Mex dishes you’d like to serve and make arrangements for home delivery. We look forward to helping you celebrate summer in style!
Image courtesy of digitalart/FreeDigitalPhotos.net