Memorial Day often signifies the unofficial start of summer in the U.S. Many people love to barbecue during the summer, so Memorial Day and barbecue often go hand in hand.
Why not spice up your Memorial Day celebrations with some Tex Mex barbecue?
And because Memorial Day is a specifically American holiday, we recommend barbecue hamburger, but with a Tex Mex twist: a burger with spicy Cajun mayonnaise as your main barbecue offering.
Barbecuing is a typical Memorial Day activity. Change it up a bit with a Tex Mex burger.
To serve this dish to your guests, you’ll need (serves four):
- A half cup of mayonnaise
- One teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 and 1/3 pounds of ground beef sirloin
- One jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- ½ cup of white onion (diced)
- One clove garlic (minced)
- One tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Four slices of pepperjack cheese
- Four hamburger buns (split)
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Preheat your grill for medium-high heat.
- Mix the mayonnaise and one teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the sirloin, jalapeno pepper, garlic, onion, one tablespoon of the Cajon seasoning, and the Worcestershire sauce (use your hands).
- Divide the mix into four balls and then flatten into hamburger patties.
- Lightly oil your grilling surface and place the patties on the grill.
- Cook for about five minutes on each side (or until well done).
- During the last two minutes, place a cheese slice on top of each patty.
- Spread the seasoned mayo on the inside of the burger buns.
- Top your burgers with the lettuce and tomato and the buns and serve.
If you’d like to enjoy Memorial Day with some real Tex Mex dishes, bring your friends and family to the Mattito’s nearest you. Celebrate the unofficial start of summer with us!
Image courtesy of KEKO64/FreeDigitalPhotos.net