Few of us really want to know how many calories we’re eating in our Tex-Mex burritos, guacamole dip, tortilla chips, and margaritas. But it’s still a good thing to know (if at least to understand why – Oh, why! – you’ve gained a couple of pounds after a hearty and delicious Tex-Mex meal).
So read below for the calorie counts of some of your favorite Tex-Mex foods.
- Refried beans: One cup provides you with about 397 calories. Chances are that’s about as much as you might receive in a side of refried beans at your favorite Tex-Mex restaurant.
- A large soft tortilla: About 180 calories.
- A regular sized corn tortilla: About 130 calories.
- Fried rice: There are about 333 calories in one cup of fried rice. Again, this is about what your Tex-Mex restaurant serves as a side.
- Chicken fajitas (without tortillas): About 360 calories per one-skillet serving.
- Margarita: A typical margarita cocktail will provide you with about 163 calories. Be aware however that some “sweet” margaritas can pack up to 500 calories in one serving.
- Guacamole: A guacamole dip with four large avocadoes makes about eight servings, providing about 150 calories with each serving.
- Guacamole with chips: Add some 74 calories for every 10 chips you eat.
- Beef Burritos: Eat two and you’ll eat about 524 calories.
- Add cheese to those two beef burritos and you’ll be taking in about 632 calories.
- Bean Burritos: Eat two and you’ll ingest about 447 calories.
- Add cheese to the bean burritos and you’ll be eating about 662 calories.
- One hard taco with beef, cheese and lettuce will cost you 156 calories.
- One soft taco, also with beef, cheese and lettuce comes to 210 calories
- One soft chicken taco with cheese and lettuce is 185 calories.
- A beef and cheese enchilada is 323 calories
- One serving of crème caramel flan for dessert (about half a cup) is about 223 calories.
Does this list of Tex-Mex foods and dishes make you hungry? Then what are you waiting for?! Satisfy that hunger with some delicious and filling Tex-Mex cuisine at the Mattito’s location nearest you.
Image courtesy Mister GC/FreeDigitalPhotos.net